In Virginia, DUI (Driving Under the Influence) charges are treated possibly harsher than in any other state in the country. For this reason, it is critical to hire an experienced Fairfax DUI lawyer to work on your case and develop a proper defense strategy. It is important to remember that any amount of alcohol in your system can result in a DUI charge and conviction. While the legal limit for Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) is .08, you can test below a .08 BAC and still be arrested and convicted for DUI if the Commonwealth can prove that you were impaired.
Potential Penalties For a First-Time DUI Conviction:
- Jail Incarceration (length depends on the BAC level)
- Up to $2500 Fine
- 12 months loss of driver’s license
- If granted a restricted license, you will be required to pay for and install an ignition interlock device
- 6 points on your Virginia driver’s license
- Completion of ASAP (Alcohol Safety & Awareness Program) at your expense
Experienced Northern VA DUI Lawyer
While we have experience working with clients on DUI cases throughout Northern Virginia, including Arlington, Alexandria, Loudoun, Stafford, and Prince William counties, we specialize in Fairfax DUI defense. When you are facing a drunk driving charge or any motor vehicle traffic offense, you need fast, accurate answers about your situation and the best way to proceed. The defense attorneys at Ervin Kibria understand your concerns and your sense of urgency in dealing with a difficult situation.
- The consequences for DUI: Clients who reach out to us concerning a DUI arrest often share common questions. These concerns are best addressed by a lawyer experienced with DUI cases. While every case is different, clients often struggle with understanding what a DUI conviction would mean. Will there be a criminal record? Jail time? Loss of a driver’s license? We’re hear to listen to your concerns, answer your questions to the best of our ability, and guide through the difficult legal process.
- An aggressive defense: The consequences of a DUI charge often depend on having an experienced lawyer to represent you. At Ervin Kibria, we have the necessary experience to aggressively investigate, defend and challenge the charges.
- We work with you: We do not treat cases as if they were a car on an assembly line. We are not a DUI mill. We are personalized. We are accessible. We are hands on. We keep our practice small so we can be completely dedicated to giving our clients the very best representation. When you hire us you have direct access to us, not a law clerk, or a paralegal, or an associate attorney.
Whether you are dealing with a DUI charge or a serious traffic offense that can put points on your driver’s license, you can depend on the defense lawyers at Ervin Kibria.